Flood Re Home Insurance

Under a scheme called Flood Re, annual home insurance premiums will be capped and payouts for flood damage will come from a central pool of money. How do I know if my home is affected? The scheme covers 350,000 households which the environment agency says are at high risk of flooding. You can use the […]

Home emergency cover

What does a typical home emergency cover policy look like? A difficult question, and one which doesn’t really have a clear answer. Over the years The AA, British Gas, HomeServe, and many other utility companies, have come up with a range of products that have served to confuse customers. Does it cover my boiler? Central […]

Contents insurance

  Insurers define ‘contents’ as the sort of things you would take with you if you were to move house, including furniture, clothes, electricals, money and jewellery. Contents insurance also covers some fixtures such as carpets and curtains. There are broadly two types of cover. Most policies these days are ‘as new’ or ‘new for […]

Home insurance

Home insurance is a general term used to describe two different types of insurance: Buildings insurance- for permanent fixtures and fittings, like kitchens and bathrooms, roof and floors. Contents insurance – for things you keep in your home, like furniture, TVs, personal belongings and some types of flooring including carpets. You can normally buy both […]